a newspaper published an article on Thursday stating that ” i was now writing food columns for them” so i contacted an event which i attended in good faith on December 1st. I tweeted both the paper and the event about obtaining a press pass and the event added me to the press list. i didnt think there was a problem as said paper tweeted me saying thanks Rona. On Monday (3rd December) at teatime i had a phone call from said paper who had said that i didn’t work for the paper and i was in no way associated with said paper. i said i had a column in said paper and behaved appropriately. the events organiser was most unhappy by how i conducted myself apparently all i did was speak to people and ask opinions, However i did criticise one celebrity chef who failed to wash her hands after blowing her nose and still served the food to members of the public. But i think this is important for people to hear! if people like her dont wash her hands then what hope do any of us have. this chef has won awards. Now i will apologize if i got my wires crossed but i genuinely thought after the paper saying i was writing for them that i was writing for them as a freelance food and drinks journalist. or certainly that my column would be going live. This was my one big chance to prove myself and ive somehow managed to complicate things before i have even started. However i wont give up on my dreams i have the statistics for my blog and in the last month have hit 1000 hits so i think i am getting through to people. but as i said i don’t think ive done anything wrong and will continue to blog here. please please let me know your thoughts on this and where i go from here?